Friday, December 5, 2014

Let It Go: A Simple Meditation for Those Little Daily Annoyances


Some days it just seems like NOTHING can go right...you spill your coffee, accidentally delete the project you were working on, run smack into the kitchen counter, shut your finger in the door, and pretty much drop everything you touch.  That was my day in a nutshell.  When it's just one of those days there's really only two things you can do: either get frustrated with each mishap until you are boiling over with anger or learn to accept them for what they are, let them go, and carry on.  The latter is just what I decided to do.  I am happy to be at a point in my life where I realize that most things just aren't worth getting worked up over.  So this simple and easy meditation is how I have begun to react in these situations to stop my frustrations dead in their tracks.  So far I have been pleasantly surprise and very pleased with the results.  I hope it helps you as well.

Let It Go Meditation
 
1.  Close your eyes and take a deep breath in.  

2.  Visualize the trigger of your frustrations.

3.  On the exhale say the words "let it go" or another mantra that speaks to you.

4.  Feel your frustration begin to dissipate.

5.  Repeat 5-10 times...or as long as needed.


DISCLAIMER: The content on this blog, www.mind-bodypursuit.blogspot.com, represents the thoughts, ideas, and experiences of its author and should be taken as such…with a grain of salt.  It is for entertainment purposes only and not intended to prevent, diagnose, or cure.  Before trying any new physical activity, dietary plan, supplementation, complementary and alternative therapy, or other wellness tip please seek the guidance of a qualified professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment