Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apple Crisp ala Mode "Healthified"

          

     The leaves are changing color, the air is a little crisper, and tree branches are loaded with bright red apples.  This is my favorite time of year...It's fall and I am loving it!  (I say this now, but don't be shocked in a few months when you hear me say "insert season here" is my favorite time of year as well.)  A few days ago while at a farm stand I could not help but stock up on a big bag of apples and some fresh cider.  Having apples on hand makes me want to bake all kinds of yummy, yet totally bad for you treats.  One of my favorite hobbies is trying to find ways to make some of my favorite treats a little healthier while still satisfying.  So in lieu of apple season here is my remake of apple crisp ala mode.














Ingredients:
1 medium-sized apple
1 packet raw sugar
1/4 cup granola
1/3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
Sprinkle of cinnamon


Directions:
Wash the apple and dice into small, uniform pieces.  Place the apple chunks in a small microwave-safe bowl.  Sprinkle apples with the raw sugar and granola.  Microwave for 60-90 seconds or until apples are soft.  Carefully remove bowl from the microwave and top with yogurt and cinnamon. For a more "real" experience try freezing the yogurt first to mimic ice cream.  Enjoy while warm!



DISCLAIMER: The content on this blog, www.mind-bodypursuit.blogspot.com, represents the thoughts, ideas, and experiences of its author and should be taken as such…with a grain of salt.  It is for entertainment purposes only and not intended to prevent, diagnose, or cure.  Before trying any new physical activity, dietary plan, supplementation, complementary and alternative therapy, or other wellness tip please seek the guidance of a qualified professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment