Monday, May 12, 2014

Meeting Aesclepius Activity (Unit 7)

          For this week's guided meditation activity I chose to visualize my great-grandmother, Isabel, who was the picture of health and happiness up until her passing at the age of 102.   I chose her as my focal point because she was such a strong woman whom I always looked up to and admired.  Throughout the activity I felt very connected to the image of her and became so involved in the visualization that the speaker actually startled me at one point as she began to talk again.  As the guided meditation came to an end I felt like my mind and body were both calm and at peace.

          Meditation has a very strong influence on my psychological, spiritual and physical wellness.  I have been practicing different forms of meditation over the past three or four months (mindfulness being my favorite) and the effects are quite noticeable.  I find that I am better able to control my emotions, more focused, am more connected spiritually, and am more relaxed in general.  There has also been a significant improvement in my relationships with not only myself but others as well...family, friends, and strangers alike.  Now that I am beginning to experience the benefits of practicing meditation and mindfulness regularly it seems quite absurd to stop now.  I intend on continuing my journey with meditation indefinitely and am looking forward to see what lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. First off, congrats on your journey into motherhood! This exercise, perhaps, was the one that I truly needed most. I had serious issues with anger and depression that I had to let go of. That was my waterfall. Grandmother Morning Star was my river, but I had to wade out to the ocean. It was there all along, I was just too stubborn to see it. In time, things will get better in my life. They already are way better now than they were in Unit 1. I'm glad to be a part of this wonderfully spiritual group.

    ReplyDelete