Thursday, April 3, 2014

Welcome to my Blog!

"...if we could transform our mind in the direction of health, happiness, and wholeness, our body would also smile."
-Dacher

     Welcome to my blog for HW420-Creating Wellness: Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing.  The quote by Dacher is one that really stuck out to me while reading from his book "Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing".  Ideas like this leave me feeling a sense of empowerment, that there is a healthier, happier life and that life is achievable.  Throughout my studies I have explored nutrition, fitness, the humanities, complementary and alternative medicine, stress management, and many more.  Throughout it all nothing has been quite as intriguing to me as learning about the mind-body connection and how we can use that to shape our well-being.  Over next eight weeks on this blog I will be sharing my thoughts and ideas of my journey to creating wellness.

Dacher, E. (2006). Integral health: The path to human flourishing. Laguna 
     Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications, Inc.

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog. Can't wait to see more.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Megan! I am loving the mind-body-spirit connection as well. I am so sad to see my course work coming to an end. I don't know what I will do without my courses and without all of this amazing learning. Where are you going to go with your education when you are finished up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I have a year yet in my current degree, but I am sure I will be sad when it ends as well. I am not sure if I will continue my education or try to get into a career directly, something along the wellness coaching line I am thinking. What is your next step going to be? Even though your course work is ending the learning does not have to stop there!

      Delete